Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/6/d269797443/htdocs/UnchartedFanSite/viewtopic.php on line 989

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/6/d269797443/htdocs/UnchartedFanSite/viewtopic.php on line 989
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4518: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:989)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4520: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:989)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4521: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:989)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4522: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:989)
Uncharted Fan Site -- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception • View topic - I just don't understand

It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 4:18 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: I just don't understand
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:29 pm 
Level 3

PSN: fiberface
Hello everyone, I just want to say a few things i guess. First of all I have enjoyed everything about this site, from the party up contests of long ago, to a few of the competitions I took part in. More so, all of the people who I have met through the website. Some of you I have gotten to know quite well, others only from getting my ass handed to me when playing together. I have enjoyed every last brutal loss/win.

My main point to all of this is that, I just dont understand what happened? when UC3 came out I was expecting so much more, not glamorous high $$$ competitions or payouts. I just expected to see more members actually play the game and party up once in a while. It came to me as a bit of a shock. A very select few of us are actually are playing the game.

I understand that the game has some issues but I am enjoying it, my wife thinks I have a bit of an addiction to it (just kidding). Point being, I enjoyed UC2 but I've moved on to this game. I like it and I dont understand why alot of people dont.

I dont want to give up on the site but it seems it has flatlined lately. I just wanted more I guess. I will continue to try and get members to come here but its hard to tell them why they should, when nothing is happening here.

I have always been a fair person to everyone, I dont like to cause conflict but I do stand up for what I believe in. I am hoping things will turn around with the game/site and it will flourish with new ACTIVE members. I'm sure I'm not alone here in thinking this.

What do you think?

See you out there!

Fiberface

Post subject: Re: I just don't understand
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:40 pm 
Admin
Admin

PSN: Shangostar
All gaming sites are pretty dead right now, even the big ones, even the EU version of Gamebattles is dead. I ve seen 4 forums that I frequent on a daily basis all die in last 6 months, not just gaming.

I think for the most part here though is the fact that everyone I know (all but a few on here) hated UC3 online and the online is the part that has long term replay value and that is what brings members to sites, for a forum dedicated to a single game franchise it needs that replay value and Uncharted just doesn't have that anymore.

UCFS as it is isn't going to become active again unfortunately.

Not sure if Jay visits much these days, I do most days to see whats been posted (mostly nothing) but as it stands I can see him renewing the hosting and domain again.

Will be a shame to lose the small community we have though so maybe we can have suggestions on how to progress the site, making it an all game general gaming forum maybe, all consoles or just PS3?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:25 pm 
Level 1

PSN: MinerUz
I think Uncharted 3 is still very fun to play especially with the new Coop dlc. I think if we did more competitions or partying up events or something like that this site would be more active. I think if someone or several people were to contact the people whos videos are put onto Uncharted TV, like Rockshow2oo8, asking if they could mention unchartedfansite.com on their videos then the whole Uncharted 3 community would know about it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:59 pm 
Level 5

PSN: fireball_916
I feel bad about still not having UC3, but I just don't play on the PS3 as often as I used to. And I'm finding it hard to spend 40-60 bucks on something I'll play a few hours for a week or two and not get the full worth of the game out of it. I just don't have the time to play games anymore. :/ Hopefully I'll get it soonish but for the meantime I have too much to do, (and not having a job too lol).

^^[Current Goal: iPod Touch]^^
You can help by signing up!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]